Darkhorse Lightworks accepts interns who are currently registered in accredited degree granting programs in architecture, engineering, interior design and technical theatre. Students should be seeking a graduate degree or entering their senior year of undergraduate studies during the fall after the internship.
Internships may or may not be taken for credit hours depending on school requirements and timing.
If you are interesting in applying for an internship, please send an email to “info at darkhorselightworks dot com” with a brief resume outlining skills, desired professional path after graduation and link to portfolio of work or pdf of portfolio less than 10MG.
Minimum Education B.A. or B.F.A. in Theatre, Television, Architecture or related degree; B.S. in Illumination or Electrical Engineering; 2-3 years professional experience in lieu of degree.
Candidate must be proficient in the following skills and computer programs:
- AutoCAD, preferably 3D
- Photoshop, Illustrator
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- General computer knowledge including Outlook, email, system maintenance and troubleshooting
It is desirable the candidate have experience in the following:
- Filemaker Pro
- Blend creativity and technical expertise to assist Principal Designers in preparation of design documentation and correspondence as it relates to specification and communication of design intent.
- Maintain project files, photographs and documents in a professional manner.
- Successful candidate is expected and supported to attend industry events (IES, DLF, AIA, etc.) to develop professional relationships with colleagues and other members of the design community.
- Continually improve creative and technical skills required for performance of duties with regard to computer knowledge, AutoCAD® proficiency and other related fields, not specifically limited to lighting.
- Attend seminars and product training meetings as available and offered by manufacturers to expand depth of working knowledge. Attend at least one professional career development seminar each year, not limited to lighting design.
This position requires advanced knowledge in the field of lighting, uses originality and creativity in performance of required tasks. The person in this position customarily and regularly uses independent judgment and works on an intellectual level to contribute to each project.
If you are interesting in applying for this position, please send an email to “info at darkhorselightworks dot com” with a brief resume outlining skills, desired professional path and link to portfolio of work or pdf of portfolio less than 10MG.
About Darkhorse Lightworks
Darkhorse Lightworks is an award-winning architectural lighting design firm with a diverse portfolio of projects in commercial, educational, mixed use, hospitality, retail and urban design. We support personal growth and a balanced life for all employees while providing exceptional design services to our clients.